Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sideways Half Moons

I saw this design on Pinterest a few weeks ago and am finally getting around to trying it out. Everyone knows I love me some half moons because they are so easy, but this is a nice twist to it. I added a little of my own touch by outlining the lines:



As you can see, I need some practice with free handing straight clean lines! I was also going to add some horizontal lines over the blue, but the purple took so long and didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I just skipped those.

I started out with two coats of China Glaze- Be More Pacific (Off Shore Collection Summer 2014). Then I applied the half moon stickers and applied Color Club- Take Me To Your Chateau (Pardon My French Collection Summer 2010). I have fairly curved nails, so this technique wasn't ideal for my nails. No matter how much I pressed on the stickers to make sure it was flat on my nail, the color still managed to bleed so it wasn't a perfect line. So, I will probably not ever be doing this again, especially since my lines that I did to cover up the mess came out so crappy! The purple I used is Floss Gloss- Lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment