Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Official Water Marble Wednesday

I mentioned in my last Water Marble, that I was considering starting a series called "Water Marble Wednesdays". I decided to just go ahead and start it up! I won't guarantee that there will be one every week, especially after doing this one:



NEON! I decided to do neon because Christine May from Nails At 2am is holding a neon themed contest on her instagram. Nail contests are fun, so i thought, why not?

This was such a pain in the butt! I don't know if it is because they are neons or what. The first two fingers gave me no trouble, but then my ring and pinky finger were being evil. I redid them twice because they turned out so awful! I like the final outcome, but the two sets of fingers look like they are from different manicures. I think I should have changed the water because the black on my ring and pinky is all shimmery, but the other two fingers aren't. I actually like how it looks with the shimmer in the black, but it just doesn't go with the other two fingers :(

The colors I used were all China Glaze except the black, you know me! The pink is CG- Flirty Tankini, yellow: CG- Sun-Kissed, green: CG-I'm With The Lifeguard, all three of these were from their Summer Neons collection from 2012. The orange is CG- Breakin' which is from their Kicks Collection in 2009. Lastly, the black is Wet n Wild- Black Creme

Let me know what you think! I want to know if you have done a water marble with neons, and if they gave you trouble. I know I won't be using them for a while now!

2 comments:

  1. ERHMAGAWD... can't believe i'm only seeing this now.. they look absolutely EPIC!

    still can't water marble to save my life.. although i'm not exactly trying very hard.. and making very futile attempts.. it'll still be a while till i get the hang of it.

    very much looking forward to seeing more of your marbling!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah I am pretty pleased with these, except for the shimmer in the black of course...It really is frustrating though, but it sooo worth it in the end! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete