Friday, December 21, 2012

South park nails!

Oh my gosh ya'll, I am in love with these nails! This is really my first attempt at nail art that doesn't involve a glitter gradient or just dotting tools...I think I was pretty successful. There are definitely some flaws, but they aren't so bad. Here they are!


Sorry for such awful lighting, but this is the best I could do. It is raining over here, but it is better than the world ending i suppose.

For those of you who don't really watch South park, going from left to right, the hats are supposed to represent Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny! I am a huge South park fan so I think that is another reason I am in love with these. I put them in this order because this is usually the way they are standing at the usual bus stop scene.

On to the colors I used!


For Stan, I used a tiny striper brush and made the red part of his hat first using Zoya- Nidhi. This is the only shimmer polish I used because I only own two reds, and the other one is straight up glitter! After that dried, I used one of the Blue Cross Snowman Polishes for the top part of his hat, which don't have names. I got this one this year. Lastly I used a large dotting tool for the little fluffy ball on the very top.



For Kyle, I just used the brush from the bottle of China Glaze- Gaga for Green for the lighter part of his hat. This polish was from their Electropop collection this year. Then I used the same striper brush and applied China Glaze- Starboard for the lower flap of his hat. Starboard was from their Anchors Away collection from 2011.



For Cartman, I applied China Glaze- Happy Go Lucky with a striper brush to the tip of my nail. Then I used China Glaze- Flyin' High for the blue part of his hat. After that dried I used Happy go Lucky again using a small dotting tool for the top part of his hat.



Onto Kenny. I used the same striper brush and applied the orange color first using OPI- On The Same Paige from their Summer brights collection in 2009. Then for the brown I just made the same shape of the orange part but lower, and I used OPI- A Taupe the Space Needle which was from their Touring America collection.

Let me know what you think of these! Hope you enjoyed these as much as I do :)

1 comment: